initiator: Hugo, Cesaree Palestine dominus
recipient: Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem
institution: Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem
text: Dec. 25 1165 - Apr. 29 1166.  Hugo dominus Cesaree Palestine, with the agreement of his wife Isabella and his homines, makes an eleemosynary grant to the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem, represented by Girbertus prior Hospitalis magister. He gives a casale called Hadedun and 2 guastinae. The boundaries are as follows: to the west dunae….. of dominus Hugo Feustellus; to the north the land stretches as far as the river [flumaria] by way of an old berchile and ends [at] S. Michaelis… casale…of Engelbertus; to the east the boundary ends, by way of a bechile, with the casale of the [canons of the] Templum Domini; to the south by way of the turon Bufali it ends….with the land of Seraphia belonging to the archbishop, as far as a large lake [lacus]. Hugo adds to his gift a curtile that had belonged to Urricus Tendilla and the salt pans [salina] of Gervasius, with as much land as is needed to produce salt fully and to build houses for colonists [incolae]. In return for Hadedun he receives from the Hospital 2000 besants in charity. Petrus Perrez, his wife Maria and his children Paganus and Mathalia surrender the casale of Hadedun, in exchange for a rent [assisia] given by Hugo de Cesarea, and confirm the grant. Witnesses: Petrus Costi vicecomes Cesaree; dominus Robertus de Cozi; dominus Bertinus; dominus Rainerius de Galenie; dominus Carlus; dominus Rogerius Gualez; dominus Ernaldus filius Heri; Petrus de Fossato vicecomes Calenzun; dominus Paganus de Calenzun; dominus Gervasius Cesaree; Rohardus Rufus; Petrus de S. Germano and many others; and dominus Johannes Costi, who was absent at first, but was afterwards a witness.
Dec. 25 1165 - Apr. 29 1166.  Hugo dominus Cesaree Palestine, with the agreement of his wife Isabella and his homines, makes an eleemosynary grant to the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem, represented by Girbertus prior Hospitalis magister. He gives a casale called Hadedun and 2 guastinae. The... more
sources: Delaville Le Roulx, Cart Hosp 1:243-4, no. 350 (RRH no. 426)
initiator: Hugo, Cesaree Palestine dominus
recipient: Petrus prior and the canons of the Holy Sepulchre
institution: Holy Sepulchre
text: Sept. 1 - Dec. 24. Hugo Cesaree Palestine dominus, with the agreement of his wife Ysabel and the advice of his probi homines, makes a sealed grant to Petrus prior and the Latin canons of the Holy Sepulchre. He gives them the mountain next to the garden of Feissa, where rise the waters that feed the aqueduct. The land stretches from the road that comes from Braicaet towards the Casale Sancti Sepulcri, eastwards, by way of the cavea which is between two hills and the river bed [torrens] that flows in winter, to a small hill situated between the said mountain and the mountain of Broiquet; and from the bed of the river bed towards the aforesaid small hill along the side [per crepidinem] of the small hill, as designated by crosses, towards a hillock [monticulum], called the lime kiln [calcis fornax], and then to the south to another hillock, which is not far away, which was the old lime kiln [calcis fornax], extending along the side of the hill in a straight line to a wall [spina] on the plain, which divides the casale of Faisse, belonging to the Holy Sepulchre, from the casale of Sabarim, belonging to the Hospital. The boundaries were drawn by the canons of the Holy Sepulchre with Georgius and his son Balduinus. Hugo retains the right to repair the old aqueduct and the spring that feeds it, in order to convey water to his sugar cane plantation at Casale Bubalorum. In return for this he will provide the canons with half a quintala [of sugar] each year from a sugar cane press [macera], and if there is a surfeit [amplius] he will provide a whole quintala. He can construct another aqueduct and dig another spring to lead water to the aforesaid casale. Hugo also confirms the gift made by his grandfather Eustachius Granerii and his father Galterius, with the boundaries that were established. He adds the privilege that the canons can sell or buy, weigh and measure and transport by land or sea without any payment of usaticum or exactio throughout his land, within and outside the city of Caesarea. The canons give Hugo 400 besants in return for the gift and confirmation. Witnesses: Rainerius episcopus Sebasten[sis]; Radulfus prepositus; Johannes cantor Cesariensis; Symon canonicus; Arnulfus subprior; Petrus Lombardus; frater Adam; frater Vitalis; Petrus de Mahumeria; Petrus Costa vicecomes; Engilbertus de Aria; Carolus; Hamelinus; Rodbertus de Cossia; Georgius; Balduinus filius ejus.
Sept. 1 - Dec. 24. Hugo Cesaree Palestine dominus, with the agreement of his wife Ysabel and the advice of his probi homines, makes a sealed grant to Petrus prior and the Latin canons of the Holy Sepulchre. He gives them the mountain next to the garden of Feissa, where rise the waters that feed the... more
sources: Bresc-Bautier, Cart St-Sépulcre, pp. 271-2, no. 139 (RRH no. 425)